New Covenant United Methodist Church
Church Administrative Assistant
General: 3/4-time, support staff position. Tuesday – Thursday, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.; Sundays 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (as needed)
- Serves under the supervision of the Pastor
- Reviewed annually by Staff Parrish Relationship Committee in consultation with the Pastor.
- Reports quarterly to the Administrative Council.
- Should be the face of the church to the public.
Responsibilities: Assists and supports the Pastor in the administration and communications of the church.
- Prepares church bulletins for each Sunday morning service and all special services.
- Works in cooperation with the Pastor and Communications Team to effectively manage communications within and outside of the church, including the preparation and running of worship media and Streamyard.
- Maintains and oversees office equipment and rental contracts under the direction of the Pastor and Trustees.
- Oversees the general appearance of the church under the direction of the Pastor and Trustees.
- Maintains facility use forms and records, including the collection of building usage fees, under the direction of the Pastor and Trustees.
- Maintains church calendar, including communication of meeting reminders and coordination of pastor and church calendar.
- Orders and maintains church office and cleaning supplies.
- Provides oversight of church key distribution.
- Maintains, orders, and stocks all administrative supplies.
- Inputs and maintains church statistical records, including but not limited to attendance records.
- Prepares annual Charge Conference and year-end membership and participation reports.
- Prepares quarterly reports for Pastor and Administrative Council review.
- Prepares and strictly adheres to annual church office budget for congregational approval.
- Other duties as assigned by the Pastor.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality a must.
- Pleasant telephone manner and customer service skills, good organizational habits, high level of dependability.
- Working knowledge of MS Office. Ability to learn financial and church record software.
- Must pass criminal background check and Ministry Safe Training